Friday, August 23, 2013

St. Elizabeth's Art and Humanities Festival


As I travel the journey of community design, I constantly look for a better understanding of makes a community. Though I can easily look the meaning of community in the dictionary, I want to understand it through experience. 

This past Saturday, August 17th, at the St. Elizabeth East Arts and Humanities Festival, I experienced what I have been looking for, community.  I intended to only be there for two hours but ended up staying the entire festival. I had so much fun watching community members dance, talk, eat, and laugh together. I even joined in the fun, grooving to the famous go-go music that I love. 



Love this mural. Silhouette of Chuck Brown "It don't mean a thing if it ain't that togo swing"



 Native American history in Anacostia

Audience participates in learning traditional hoop dance. 




These little ones know how to get down. 

Yep, he's doing the robot. 






D.C. GoGo!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment